In September, 2005 several members from Japan’s camera makers, board manufacturers and system integrators were discussing why although Japan has a very large share of the industrial imaging market, it does not have a standardization group such as the AIA and EMVA.
Subsequent to that meeting, the number of members increased and a committee to start preparations to form the Japan Industrial Imaging Association (JIIA) was created. Information about this committee was announced at the International Technical Exhibition on Image Technology and Equipment in December 2005 and in various trade journals. It was formally established at the general meeting of members at KKR Hotel Tokyo on March 27, 2006.
Establishment funds for were raised from member corporations, and registration as a limited liability cooperative non-profit corporation was completed on April 18.
Activity plans and the 2006 annual budget were approved and committee and subcommittees started their activities at the first general meeting of staff members held at Pacifico Yokohama on June 6.
- The establishment of a standardization group was discussed.
- October, 2005
- The preparatory committee for JIIA formed.
- November, 2005
- JIIA rules, such as Articles of Association, are decided by the preparatory committee.
- December, 2005
- The establishment of JIIA was formally announced in various journals and seminar on standardization trends was held at International Technical Exhibition on Image Technology and Equipment.
- March, 2006
- JIIA was started formally by a general meeting of members.
- April, 2006
- Registration as a limited liability cooperative non-profit corporation completed.
- June, 2006
- The first general meeting of members was held. Committee and Subcommittees started activities. The first Subcommittee meetings were held.
- July, 2006
- The second Subcommittee meetings were held.
- August, 2006
- The third Subcommittee meetings were held.
- September, 2006
- The fourth Subcommittee meetings were held.